If you have been struggling with a health condition, or are watching a loved one struggle, and you are frustrated with your healthcare choices in a contemporary medical system then learning to care for your health with herbal medicine may be your answer.
Visit our herbal apothecary for organic herbs, herbal remedies, tinctures, aromatherapy, and herbal body care and gift items. The apothecary is open Monday-Thursday and other days by appointment. Looking for something in particular? We can special order for you. Call us to see if we have what you are looking for (928)227-2760.
You can also shop online HERE
Is Herbalism Right For Me?
- Do you have a chronic health condition?
- Do you care for a loved one who has a chronic condition?
- Are you frustrated with the contemporary medicine options provided to you?
- Have you experienced negative side effects from pharmaceutical medications?
- Are you concerned with the direction that the healthcare system is going?
- Do you strive to live in a natural and sustainable way?
- Are you concerned about the conservation and propagation of our plant species?
- Do you have a desire to strengthen your connection to the earth?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then Herbal Wisdom Institute is where you need to be.
Herbal Wisdom Institute in Prescott Valley, Arizona provides beginning and advanced herbalism courses for all interest levels. At Herbal Wisdom Institute you have the opportunity to create lasting health and healing through the use of herbs. You will learn local useful and medicinal plants on herb walks, medicine making workshops, Herbal Medicine Basics courses, and Herbalist Certification.
Otras clases en español.
Vea nuestra página de Clases AQUI
Herbal Wisdom Institute was founded in 2016 by clinical herbalist, Kris Vaughan. Kris began practicing as an herbalist in 2009 and has been called to share her knowledge with others in her community. She saw the need to have an herbalism school in Northern Arizona to allow easier access to classes for people in her area. Kris has gathered a highly skilled group of educators to the Institute in order to offer you the most well-rounded courses on traditional/western herbalism as well as Arizona desert plant courses focused on Native American traditions.
Herbal Wisdom Institute is accredited by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). Our curriculum meets or exceeds the guidelines set forth by the AADP and ensures that our students receive a comprehensive education that offers complete foundational knowledge for herbalists. Graduates of our Foundations in Western Herbalism certification course are also eligible to apply for board certification by the AADP as Holistic Health Practitioners.
Videos on YouTube
Do you wish to explore herbalism as a career?
- Become a clinical herbalist
- Become a medicinal herb grower or wildcrafter
- Learn to manufacture herbal medicines
- Become an herb retailer
- Become an herbalism educator
- Work for an herbal product manufacturer
The opportunities for a career in herbalism are as endless as your dreams. Herbal Wisdom Institute offers courses to meet all levels of interest.